FiveThirtyEight Followers Erupt Over Nate Silver Losing Guaranteed Bracelet With 2:1 Chip Lead

By Dee Generate
April 12, 2022

538 Nate Silver loses WSOP bracelet

Las Vegas, NV – Big news from the World Series of Poker on Sunday night: statistician and writer Nate Silver, best known as editor-in-chief of political analysis website FiveThirtyEight, finished 2nd to poker pro John Monnette in Event #16 – the $10,000 buy-in Limit Hold’em Championship.

Silver pocketed $151K for his 2nd-place performance, and Monnette took home $245K and his 4th gold bracelet.

At one point during heads-up play, Silver held a 2-to-1 chip lead over Monnette – roughly a 66% chance to win – but Monnette battled back for the victory.

FiveThirtyEight followers react

After the event, followers of Silver’s popular website immediately began questioning Nate’s abilities and the validity of the outcome.

“Listen, all I’m saying is that the math doesn’t add up,” claimed one man at the Rio, oddly angrily. “You don’t need to have a goddamn degree in statistics to know that 66% is bigger than 34%. It doesn’t make any sense that he lost, and I frankly think it really reflects poorly on his math skills.”

A different man, also very angry, added “It makes me question if the whole thing was even real to begin with! How do we know the cards weren’t rigged? Were the chips even counted properly? I WANT A RECOUNT!

A third angry man overheard the second man and began a chant of “RECOUNT! RECOUNT! RECOUNT!” before we informed him we were talking about a poker tournament and he settled down and left.

wsop nate silver tweet

The original angry man continued, “Poker is all about playing the percentages, and the percentages don’t lie. You saw it. I saw it. Nate Silver had a 66% chance to win and John Monnette had a 34% chance to win.

Therefore, because 66% is bigger than 34%, Nate was guaranteed to win the bracelet. I’m not saying whether any cheating went on or not, but I am saying something’s up and needs to be investigated. Because I know for damn sure, like I said – 66 is a bigger number than 34. You gonna dispute that?”

ALSO READ: Casino Employees Event Now Open To Anyone, But Be Prepared To Deal

BEST ONLINE BookmakerS IN the UNIted Kingdom
Bonus
Details
Play

BONUS CODE:
BET247
Bet365 Review
Min deposit £5
Bet £10 Get £30 in Free Bets
Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply. The bonus code BET247 can be used during registration, but does not change the offer amount in any way.
William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill
£30 in Free Bets
William Hill Review
Bet £10 and Get £30 In Free Bets
Credited as 2 x €15 bets
New Customers Only
GG POKER
GG POKER
Deposit Match up to $600
GG Poker Review
DEPOSIT £10 GET £60 FREE PLAY OR MATCHED DEPOSIT UP TO $600
Min Deposit: £10
New Customers Only
Betfred Bonus
Betfred Bonus
WELCOME40
Betfred Bonus Review
BET £10 GET £50

Deposit €10on Signup
7-day expiry
New players only

Important Disclosure

#AD – Bonus Code Poker is an affiliate of the brands we promote throughout this site. While we strive to maintain accuracy throughout our content, we do receive compensation for this promotion.

Bet365 bonus codes and no deposit poker bonus for UK players. Learn about Bet365 Free Bets, the new Bet365 Bet Builder, or the Bet365 live streaming schedule where bet365 players can watch tons of sports action for free. Check out the most popular Bet365 Bet Types with in depth explanations on how you can make these bets on the Bet365 online sportsbook. How Bet365 compares versus top online gambling sites including a Ladbrokes vs bet365 comparison.

Bet365 Bonus Code, Sports, Casino and Poker Sign up offers and News - All contents are © 2024  Bonus Code Poker

18+ Worried about your gambling?    Gamcare
When the fun stops – STOP!